In 1994, the Department of animal hygiene and Microbiology was organized, which was renamed in 2009 to the Department of veterinary sanitation.
Since 1994, the head of the Department was Professor Gershun V. I., since 2006, the head of the Department was associate professor Tuyakova R. K., since 2013, the head of the Department was appointed Ph. D. Batyrbekov A. N., in 2015, the head of the Department was appointed Ph. D., associate professor Isabaev A.Zh. Since 2016, the head of the Department is Ph. D. Kaumenov N. S.
In 2009, a master's degree was opened – in the specialty 6M120200, in 2010-in the specialty 6D120200 doctorate. Currently, masters and doctors are trained in two educational programs: 7M09102-Veterinary sanitation and 8D09102-Veterinary sanitation.
The main purpose of the Department of Veterinary Sanitation is to meet the state's needs for highly qualified professionals capable to ensure food security of the country and preserve the health of the nation
The Department staff are the authors of textbooks in the state and Russian languages ("Veterinary and sanitary examination of animal products", "Veterinary Microbiology and Virology", "Veterinary hygiene", "Sanitary Microbiology", etc.), monographs ("Viability of L. monocytogenes in concentrated feed and root crops", "Express diagnostics of animal clostridiosis"). They actively promote popular science knowledge among young people. Several popular science books have been published for schoolchildren ("We treat animals", "Pets" and "Conversations about Pets", etc.).
The teaching staff of the Department has also published more than 50 textbooks and monographs, more than 45 research and methodological works, and received more than 30 author's certificates and patents.
The Department provides teaching of many basic and core disciplines of various specialties of the Institute. Training of specialists is conducted in Kazakh and Russian languages.
The Department has extensive experience in cooperation with major universities in Kazakhstan, Russia, and Poland:
- Kazakh national agrarian research University;
- Seifullin Kazakh agrotechnical University;
- Zhangir Khan University;
- Semey state University named after Shakarim;
- South Ural state agrarian University (Troitsk);
- Warmian-Masurian University, Olsztyn, Poland.
The Department has entered into a contract on scientific and technical cooperation:
- FSBEI HE South Ural state agrarian University (Troitsk);
- Warmian-Masurian University, Olsztyn, Poland
- Institute of plant protection-State Research Institute, Bialystok, Poland;
- FSBEI HE Kaliningrad state technical University, Kaliningrad, Russia;
- FSBEI HE Kazan state Academy of veterinary medicine named after N. E. Bauman, Kazan, Russia;
- FSBEI HPE Moscow state Academy of veterinary medicine and biotechnology named after K. I. Scriabin, Moscow, Russia;
- Institute of meat and dairy industry, Minsk, Belarus.